Sunday, 15 February 2015

Emulation

In order to explore the technique of my copy further I used the same technique but for own subject matter and using my own material and photos.


For my poster I wanted to have a city scene in the background. Using the same 
technique as I did with my copy I created separate buildings that could be layered
later in Photoshop.
Once the background was scanned in, I put the image into Photoshop where I adjusted the threshold levels, creating a crisp edge, which would mean that it would be easy to colour later. 
























After adjusting the levels I separated each building onto different layers so I could arrange them correctly on the page. After i had got them layered like a city scene, I began colouring them, using different shades of grey to create a 3D effect. I then added a gradient in order to create a morning sunrise effect.
























I played around with digital type and found that I liked the almost vintage film poster style. I made the title of the film quite large as it contrasts with the busy background.

















I used one on my own photos as a silhouette for the foreground. I adjusted the bevel, shadows and opacity, for a translucent effect. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment